Sunday, October 30, 2011

HERE I CUM TO SAVE THE DAY!!!!!!



WASHINGTON (AP) — A prominent physicist and skeptic of global warming spent two years trying to find out if mainstream climate scientists were wrong. In the end, he determined they were right: Temperatures really are rising rapidly.

The study of the world's surface temperatures by Richard Muller was partially bankrolled by a foundation connected to global warming deniers. He pursued long-held skeptic theories in analyzing the data. He was spurred to action because of "Climategate," a British scandal involving hacked emails of scientists.

Yet he found that the land is 1.6 degrees Fahrenheit (1 degree Celsius) warmer than in the 1950s. Those numbers from Muller, who works at the University of California, Berkeley, and Lawrence Berkeley National Lab, match those by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration and NASA.

He said he went even further back, studying readings from Benjamin Franklin and Thomas Jefferson. His ultimate finding of a warming world, to be presented at a conference Monday, is no different from what mainstream climate scientists have been saying for decades.

One-quarter of the $600,000 to do the research came from the Charles Koch Foundation, whose founder is a major funder of skeptic groups and the conservative tea party movement. The Koch brothers, Charles and David, run a large privately held company involved in oil and other industries, producing sizable greenhouse gas emissions.

Muller's research team carefully examined two chief criticisms by skeptics. One is that weather stations are unreliable; the other is that cities, which create heat islands, were skewing the temperature analysis.

"The skeptics raised valid points and everybody should have been a skeptic two years ago," Muller said in a telephone interview. "And now we have confidence that the temperature rise that had previously been reported had been done without bias."


Cool. A skeptic becomes a believer. How wonderful for us all. Now we'll gather all our resources & change our evil ways &, just like Mighty Mouse, we'll save the day.

What a hoot!

Meanwhile, the Wall Street protesters, strategically inept wankers that they are, suffer through an early snowstorm. Of course, it all could have been avoided if they would have started this back in April, but I doubt that any of these protests are really meant to change anything. They're dog and pony shows for the proles.

I did find this bit amusing though:

On Friday, the New York Fire Department took away six generators and fuel that had been powering heat, computers and a kitchen at the camp because they were considered a safety hazard, a move that Mayor Michael Bloomberg said was not a bid to remove the protesters.


So, let me get this straight...the left hates corporations & oil companies right up to the point where they need them to keep warm, cook their vittles & help them maintain their techno-crack addictions? Does this about sum it up? Does the left intend to look completely hypocritical & foolish or is it all just a big accident, like starting a protest movement in late September?

14 comments:

Morocco Bama said...

It's laughable. Even Beck made me laugh as he rips into it. One hypocrite calling out another, I know, but I can't help but laugh.

http://www.glennbeck.com/2011/10/28/irony-alert-ows-denying-homeless-people-food/

just_another_dick said...

I'll join in the shame Shrub & I'll link to Stephen Colbert, something I probably shouldn't do.

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/401092/october-31-2011/colbert-super-pac---occupy-wall-street-co-optportunity---stephen-on-location

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/401261/november-01-2011/colbert-super-pac---stephen-colbert-occupies-occupy-wall-street-pt--2

Morocco Bama said...

I have to laugh. So many celebs are trying to cash in the Occupy thing for publicity and cache, Colbert included. You have to love this system of our's, don't you. Everything is up for exploitation....even its own defecation.

Of course, then there's this:

Who is Zuccotti?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hBIP5ytCIY

http://www.capitalnewyork.com/article/culture/2011/10/3895592/bloomberg-says-theres-no-daylight-between-city-and-brookfield-touts-

hmmmm.....it appears he's a 1%er.....and yet he doesn't have an issue with this Occupy thing and its taking place in his park. Either he knows it's not a threat to him, or he's just a Good Samaritan. I'm going with the former, and if that's the case, how can he be so confidant....unless....

It appears his wife has written several books about the Holocaust. Oh my.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Susan_Zuccotti

In that Who Is Zuccotti piece, the Occupy folks might as well be Tea Partiers in their arrogant embraced ignorance.

Morocco Bama said...

Jesus Christ, Richard, I just watched the first Colbert video, and I'm speechless. Am I correct in assuming that these two dopes are really art of the movement? If they're actors, they did a fantastic job. Either way, this fits my theory of one facet of the Singularity. It is that we have now reached a point our devolutionary history where satire is redundant and no longer necessary.....and no longer humorous. Our reality has become one with any satire of it. Our reality is the satire, and Colbert and the like are making millions off of what we can see for free every day just by looking around for ourselves. Perhaps that's why I don't watch Stewart and Colbert.

I agree with you, just blow it all up. Please. My wife said the same thing the other day, and we haven't even had this discussion. She said the whole thing needs to be blown up because it's so FUBAR.

Morocco Bama said...

Richard, read the comments to these Colbert videos, especially the second one. Sweet Mother of Jesus. With these people collectively running the show, the Chinese would own us in just under 24 hours. These fucking fruit cakes are the RI folks. It's a good thing we never had an RI Reunion as I suggested in the early days. I would be in jail because I would have strangled more than one of these numb nuts.

Morocco Bama said...

These pussies let one of the 1%er's run over two of their people and then let him get away without a scratch. All they did was throw coffee on his Mercedes and then appeal to the police to do something. Oh, the irony.

Like I said, with them running the show, or pretending to run it, the Chinese will own us in less than 24 hrs. Hell, an argument can be made that the Chinese already own us.

just_another_dick said...

I agree Shrub. Americans made this bed of nails now they're crying about being forced to lie in it. What the fuck did they think was going to happen?

I really don't think those folk are actors in the Colbert video. I think they were picked to represent "the movement."
Little did they know that it would end up looking like a bowel movement.

I just saw that the Wall Street Occupation Force has its first rapist.
So much for the elevated liberal mindset & its Ghandi innards.

I also saw that 1 in 15 Americans have sunk into poverty.

Maybe the rich will finally feel moral culpability, thanks to the protests, and open up their overfull bank accounts.

Or not.

Morocco Bama said...

Did you move your money? I don't have any money to move.....which begs the question. If these folks have money to move, then they are part of the 1%. Oh, the contradictions, and you have to laugh when they are talking about turning in the Black Bloc members to the police. Unbelievable...or not.

Anonymous said...

Mark Zuckerberg said...

“What a great country this is when you’re trying to shake deadbeats by serving peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.”

Shit! They mean business!

I can see the OWS RI ASS geeks chasing me through the woods trying to rip off my britches and use me as a human wienie roast in front of the Campfire Girls Glee Club. I'm shutting down facebook! These people are mean and they mean it. I want to run as fast as I can away from these bad people and keep running as if I'm running a marathon. My tears can't stop pouring from my eyes thinking about them. No more facebook for me. I'm going to change for the better and behave myself.

I think they are going to win! There is no place to run. I can hop on a ship and sail to San Jose Island and live there for a year until things start cooling down. If anyone bumps into me you don't know who I am. I'm just a regular guy minding my own business and not looking for any trouble.

Morocco Bama said...

Anonymous, good luck trying to hide. Remember, they have Anonymous on their side, Anonymous. You can't hide from Anonymous. It will find you, and you will be forced to inseminate the female body form called Ketchup on order that she may give birth to the new Messiah known as Matriaya.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gi68lzwzYM

Morocco Bama said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xf2asA2J85w&feature=related

Maybe the nukes exploding over Iran will be that light in the sky that announces Maitreya's public mission. Everyone will Creme their pants....well, not everyone, I guess, but a lot of people who have male and female body forms, cool glasses and milky white skin.

Morocco Bama said...

Ah, this is cute, an Occupy adult coloring book. Yes, you heard that correctly. What's next? An Occupy clothing line? That ought to look interesting. How about an Occupy line of manufactured foods? They could start by bottling that Bolognese Sauce and then maybe some Ketchup and Mustard......kind of like Paul Newman did. Maybe an Occupy Restaurant and Grocery Store.....and eventually their own NFL Expansion Team called the Occupiers. This thing could be BIG....I mean really BIG.

http://www.coloringbook.com/images/products/display/Occupation_Covers1.jpg

just_another_dick said...

Shrub, don't you know that liberals hate cops right up until they reach the point that they need them for protection?

They have the same attitude towards the military.

Jesus fucking Christ, Roger Waters has inspired me...

I actually did move my money Shrub. My paycheck entered the bank then I moved it to all my creditors...
Now it's gone...

just_another_dick said...

Belliosto, where did you go? You had a comment here on Sunday. It appears you've been eaten by the Interzone gremlins...